Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
So what would you be doing?
* Designing UIs and flows
* Creating production-ready assets
* Helping with HTML & CSS
* Talking with users to get feedback
* Designing emails, landing pages, and other marketing materials
* Collaborating closely with Product Management and Engineering
* Define the interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features.
* Be a partner with Product Management and your team to define the vision for the product
* Our process is pretty fluid: you’ll develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done.
* Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs.
* Validate your designs through A/B testing (working with product management) and/or qualitative user research (either yourself or working with a UX researcher)
* You'll need to help refine other people's ideas and come up with your own.
* 3+ years of professional UX experience (excluding internships)
* A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces and interactions
* You have at least 2 of these skills: visual design, interaction design (IxD), front-end engineering, user research
* Able to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products
* Ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus
* Responsive, adaptive, and mobile a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
More about the Indeed Incubator
Leverage Indeed assets.
Pioneer opportunities for growth.
Measure and Assess new ideas.
Love the problem, not the solution. Try hard to focus on the problem or opportunity, don't fall in love with your design / implementation.
Get out of the hex. We need to validate that we're working on a real problem, and that we're designing the right solution. That doesn't happen inside the Incubator workspace (hex). You need to get out of the building and talk to customers.
Get started, then get better. When in doubt, try stuff. Err on the side of making mistakes rather than listening to inner or outer critics. Seek forgiveness rather than permission. Don't worry about being bad at first.
Failure is an option. Yes some of the stuff we do will fail. We should expect some failures. If we're not failing we're not being bold or risky enough.
Fight the resistance. Barriers are part of the natural order of the universe. External and Internal. Recognize them, and fight them: Wear them down, work around them or jump over them. Don't accept being blocked.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.