As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
Search is Indeed’s flagship product and is where the job seeker’s journey begins. As a UX Designer, you’ll shape the direction of our search product, while also influencing other Indeed properties like Simply Hired. At Indeed, you’ll balance our rich culture of data-informed design with rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation, all in service of helping people get jobs.
You’ll create strategic impact in the following areas:
* Produce designs for new and existing features and products through wireframes, visual comps, prototypes, and design specifications.
* Participate in product ideation and concept development using an iterative, user-centered design process.
* Articulate how a design solution fits into an overall narrative and addresses an unmet user or business need.
* Define holistic solutions and understand system-level implications of design decisions.
* Apply patterns from the Indeed design system in day-to-day work and identify opportunities to improve or extend the system.
* Plan and facilitate brainstorming sessions and creative workshops.
* Develop high-level concepts that consider the user, business, technology constraints, and insights gathered through research and testing.
* Validate and improve designs using both qualitative and quantitative methods, through close collaboration with user research and product.
* Uphold product quality by ensuring that design solutions are implemented as intended, through close collaboration with product and development.
You are a passionate creative who has experience with global brands and/or world-class agencies:
* Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
* 1-3 years of professional digital design experience that encompasses product design, consumer mobile and web-based products, and responsive web design
* A portfolio that demonstrates strong skills in interaction (UX) and visual (UI) design
* Expertise applying an iterative, human-centered design process that incorporates research, design, validation, and deployment
* System design skills that demonstrate the ability to define, apply, and extend a design system
* Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
* Ability to work independently, on a team, and collaboratively across teams and disciplines
* Great attention to detail throughout the design process and into the QA process as designs advance through the development cycle
* Proficient with current design and collaboration tools such as Sketch and InVision
* Experience conducting user research, designing motion graphics using tools such as After Effects or Principle, and creating prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus