Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
We are looking for a designer who can help Indeed develop simple solutions to problems people have finding jobs and finding employees.
So what would you be doing?
Indeed helps people find jobs. We are best known for our job search (http://www.indeed.com), but do other things related to jobs and hiring too.
You'd be working with other members of the UX team supporting our Product and Engineering teams here in Austin, TX, validating new ideas and improving the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) of our products. We are a small group because we are incredibly picky with who we hire and we don’t spend a lot of time working on things that don’t matter.
The UX team works on our job search and employer related products, web and mobile. We have a data-driven approach to design - lots of small ideas are put in front of millions of real users every week. We work fast and look for simple ideas that make a big difference. Our "big ideas" are broken up and validated in small units so we can address problems as they arise.
- Define the interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features.
- Our process is pretty fluid - you’ll develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done.
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs.
- Validate your designs through A/B testing (working with product management) and/or qualitative user research (either yourself or working with a UX researcher)
- You'll need to help refine other people's ideas and come up with your own.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- 7+ years experience in a product/design environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces and interactions
- You have at least 2 of these skills - visual design, interaction design (IxD), front-end engineering, user research
- Able to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products
- Experience with consumer web-based products a plus
- Ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus
- Responsive, adaptive, and mobile a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.