Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
UX Developers at Indeed serve a critical role in getting designs into production, bridging the design and engineering organizations.
UX Developers work with a cross-functional team to build accessible user interfaces for our products; create fast, scalable, maintainable, and secure systems; define best practices in UI development; and contribute to design ideation and decision making.
The skills of a UX Developer include:
- Practical experience with a scripting language (Python, PHP, …)
- Knowledge of compiled languages (Java, ...)
- Experience with industry standards for building user interface including accessibility, internationalization, performance optimization, SEO, cross-browser compatibility, caching
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and methodologies
- Implementing responsive layouts with adaptive grids
- Ability to create reusable, scalable components
- An understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Familiarity with usability testing
- A deep passion for both code and creativity
- Comfortable in Sketch, Photoshop, or similar design tools
This role specifically requires:
- 5+ years of relevant programming experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing sophisticated user interfaces
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
To really catch our attention, you might offer:
- A portfolio of interactive and compelling user interfaces
- Work experience on a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Working with and managing design systems
- Experience or strength in visual and/or interaction design
This is a great time to join the Indeed design team. We are growing in size, capabilities, and location and the right individual will find a huge array of opportunities for major impact.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.