Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
- Validate new designs through ad-hoc user feedback sessions with internal users or customers
- Plan and carry out interviews and surveys to inform future product work
- Relationship building with key customers to gain deeper insights
- Open ended “show me how you use it” interviews with customers and prospects
- Establish and manage relationships with research related vendors
- Manage recruiting for multiple concurrent research projects
- Collaborate with researchers and designers to identify the right types of participants needed for UX research projects
- Collaborate with the team to develop processes and practices to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
About you.Our hope is that you will also have fun collaborating a small to medium scope project and build a few friendships along the way. We also want you to experience our corporate culture, which is focused on empowering individuals to accomplish great things. We look for designers who love intellectual challenges, are eager to learn, value data and research in the design process and are strong advocates for users at every stage of their engagement with Indeed. We believe in autonomy, responsibility, and fast iteration. About you
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in User Experience design or a related field such as human-computer interaction design, user interface design, information design, interaction design, or visual design
- Enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to it after the internship.
- Eligible students will have a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
- Highly organized, with excellent multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects independently and consistently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize when faced with multiple projects or ask for help
- Ability to perform all research related tasks in the research project lifecycle: Create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate test, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results.
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A portfolio of examples of your work is needed.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.