Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Employer Experience Studio is an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, technologists, researchers, and writers. Together, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. We’re looking for a UX Research Manager to lead a group of qualitative and quantitative researchers that work with cross-functional product teams as they plan, design, build, deploy, and refine Indeed products. As the UX Research Manager, you will lead the vision for the Employer UX Research Team and be responsible for balancing near-term delivery goals along with informing long-term strategy.
- Lead UX research strategy and oversee the conduct of generative and evaluative research that supports the design and development of employer products.
- Manage, mentor and develop the abilities of 6 to 8 UX Researchers who support cross-functional product teams.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand business opportunity and identify and prioritize projects for the UX research team.
- Collaborate with peer Research Managers from other parts of the business to identify connection points and build out a holistic understanding of different user types and their needs and expectations.
- Guide researchers on the design and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Review and provide feedback on research project plans and research deliverables.
- Find creative and compelling ways to share and evangelize research insights across the company.
- Set goals, measure the success of research projects, and implement ways to continually improve.
- Forecast resource needs and grows the team to provide the necessary capabilities and expertise.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a UX researcher in a product development context
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing a UX Research team
- Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research; Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods and strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions
- Expert in study design; Able to maintain methodological rigor, while staying flexible and adjusting to changing timelines or priorities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- International research experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required but graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here.
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Your research will make a difference.
If you are the type of researcher that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently to describe how your research has improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful.
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of.
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers with a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us.
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters.
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.