Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
UX Researcher - Seattle/ Tokyo
We are looking for a Seattle-based UX Researcher who has experience collaborating with international teams. This role will coordinate and execute research in the U.S. for projects that will primarily support our Tokyo team. Some travel and flexible work hours will be required.
So what would you be doing?
Indeed's mission is to help people get jobs. UX Researchers play a pivotal role in our understanding how to do it best, be it through delivering tools for job seekers or by understanding what employers need to fill positions. Our Tokyo team delivers content around jobs and company research, as well as the job application process. We are looking for a researcher who will help drive our vision for these areas forward.
Some of the ways you may support the team include:
● Collaborating with product management, designers, and engineers on ideas that will help them reach their business and UX goals
● Test new designs through ad-hoc user feedback sessions
● Plan and carry out research to inform future product work
● Open-ended “show me how you use it” interviews with customers and prospects
● Establish and manage relationships with research-related vendors
● Ideal candidate will take the initiative to introduce impactful user research to product teams
- A degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
● Experience working with geo-distributed teams across multiple time zones
● Willingness to travel internationally (up to 20% of the time)
● Flexible working hours to have some overlap with international team workday
● Fast - Ability to quickly share research results with teams (top line results in hours, not weeks)
● Flexible approach to research: Our goal is to provide product teams value. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research method
● Ability to perform all research related tasks in the research project lifecycle: Create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate tests, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
● Experience with remote testing tools
● Established relationships with trusted research vendors a plus
● Experience mentoring and community-building with other researchers
● Proven record of cross-team collaboration
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.