Date published: 20-Apr-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
We are looking for a UX designer to support our business automation products. This may include activities like:
- Talking to users, (almost all internal Indeed employees), to better understand their needs and workflows.
- Synthesizing research into design solutions.
- Collaborating with product management and software development to make our internal tools easier to use and more efficient.
- Indeed has many internal tools that support critical business activities. These internal tools support activities like customer relationship management (CRM), help desk ticketing, applicant tracking systems (ATS), ensuring search quality, fraud prevention, and data analysis.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces and interactions.
- You have at least 2 of these skills: interaction design (IxD), front-end engineering, user research.
- Able to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products.
- Experience with enterprise web-based products a plus.
- Ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus.
- Define the interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features.
- Our process is pretty fluid: you’ll develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done.
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs.
- Validate your designs through research.
- You'll need to help refine other people's ideas and come up with your own.
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
You will be challenged
People here are smart and are going to challenge your ideas, but we get along even when we don't agree. Being highly metrics based means we all talk the same language: results.
Your designs will make a difference
If you are the type of designer that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your designs have improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in making products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.