Date published: 19-Jan-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are looking for an experienced UX designer or researcher to lead UX activities for our sourcing products.
Indeed helps people find jobs. We are best known for our job search (http://www.indeed.com), but we also offer many sourcing products. These sourcing products include Indeed Resume, which allows job seekers to post their resume, and allows employers to search resumes.
What would you be doing?
- Staffing and leading the UX team for sourcing products
- Triaging UX work requests and leveraging UX resources to maximize impact
- Collaborating with product management on ideas that will help them reach their goals
- Leading design reviews
- Mentoring and onboarding other UX team members
- Leading initiatives to quickly improve our sourcing tools
- Incorporating user research to ensure the end users’ voice is incorporated into the design process
- 8+ years professional experience working in product user experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing or researching modern UIs and interactions. For design: We are interested in the design solutions, not design artifacts. For research: We are interested in research that results in impactful changes.
- Strong ux designer and/or researcher
- Experience with consumer web-based products
- Has mentored UX team members
- Has led major UX projects
- Mobile-first experience is a must
Unique high profile opportunity
Indeed is making a major investment in design. We are aggressively growing a global design team and investing in a new, modern, design language. This is an opportunity to use this new design language and take one of the world’s top sites (indeed.com - #50 in US, #150 globally per Alexa) to the next level.
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
You will be challenged
People here are smart and are going to challenge your ideas, but we get along even when we don't agree. Being highly metrics based means we all talk the same language: results.
Your designs will make a difference
If you are the type of designer that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your designs have improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in making products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.