Additional Posting Location(s): Austin - Downtown
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed is looking for an experienced Web Developer to build and maintain a variety of externally-facing websites for B2B and B2C across the globe. This role will require an experienced developer who can work independently along with multiple teams to deliver working solutions to our high-traffic production environment.
This person has front-end and back-end web development skills and experience building complex WordPress sites including plugins for integration with internal and third-party systems.
The Web Developer will work across numerous departments to help build and maintain a variety of Marketing and Lead Generating websites for Indeed job seekers and employers. The ideal candidate has experience executing small to large WordPress websites, building custom plugins and widgets using industry best practices.
We are looking for an individual that is innovative and resourceful, making the most impact with the least amount of resources. This candidate will be working closely with a world-class team of designers, engineers, developers, and content marketers to create the best possible solutions. The Web Developer will be working in partnership with our lead Web Developer.
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic WordPress sites on our existing platform
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes
- Implement complex layouts/pages based on mockups
- Work with project managers and teams to deliver with quality, simplify projects and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to provide user friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outside development/design agencies to complete projects.
- Work with online marketing and marketing science team to make sure the website functions properly for SEO and SEM as well as the proper display of data.
- Take initiative to improve internal tools and tech stack
- Ability to assemble a WordPress site from a design and work with other developers to structure the site in a fashion that aligns with company sales and marketing goals.
- Knowledge of Internationalization for WordPress with focus on solutions that can be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities.
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP.
- SASS/LESS knowledge
- Strong attention to detail and “pixel perfect”
- Back-end skills: OOP Programing, API’s Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks and etc.
- Associate’s degree in web development related field, or equivalent experience.
- Version Control (Git, GitLab, GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs – SOAP, REST and other
Great to haves:
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.
- Marketo, MailChimp, Salesforce, or similar experience
- Email coding
- Other OOP background – Experience with C, C++ ,C#, .NET or Java.
- Experience with A/B Testing and data-driven decision making
- SASS/LESS knowledge
- Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.)
- Experience working with WP Engine Server Environment
- Shell scripting knowledge
- Python, Django
- Experience working with design system languages
- CSS syntax methodologies (BEM, SUIT, etc)
- Experience localizing web pages
Benefits & Perks:
- Ability to create web sites and tools used by millions of users every month globally
- Work on a growing team to drive massive impact for the company
- Competitive salaries and bonus programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness initiatives (incentive programs, fitness classes)
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- Catered meals, endless snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours
- Casual dress code
- Employee development opportunities
At this time, Indeed will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this open role.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.