Date published: 11-Jan-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is looking for an experienced WordPress Developer to build and maintain a variety of externally-facing websites for B2B and B2C across the globe. This role will require an experienced developer who can work independently along with multiple teams to deliver working solutions to our high-traffic production environment.
This person has front-end web development skills and experience building complex WordPress sites including plugins for integration with internal and third-party systems.
The WordPress Developer will work across numerous departments to help build and maintain a variety of Marketing and Lead Generating websites for Indeed job seekers and employers. The ideal candidate has experience executing small to medium WordPress websites, building custom plugins and widgets using industry best practices.
We are looking for an individual that is innovative and resourceful, making the most impact with the least amount of resources. This candidate will be working closely with a world-class team of designers, engineers, developers, and content marketers to create the best possible solutions. The WordPress developer will be working in partnership with our lead WordPress developer.
- Ability to assemble a WordPress site from a design and work with other developers to structure the site in a fashion that aligns with company sales and marketing goals.
- Knowledge of Internationalization for WordPress with focus on solutions that can be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities.
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic WordPress sites on our existing platform
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes
- Work with project managers and teams to deliver with quality and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to provide user friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outside development/design agencies to complete projects.
- Work with online marketing and marketing science team to make sure the website functions properly for SEO and SEM as well as the proper display of data.
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP.
- Back-end skills - Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks and etc.
- Associate’s degree in web development related field, or equivalent experience.
- Version Control (GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs – SOAP, REST and other
Great to haves
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.
- OOP background – Experience with C, C++ ,C#, .NET or Java.
- Experience with A/B Testing and data-driven decision making
- SASS/LESS knowledge
- Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.)
- Experience working with WP Engine Server Environment
- Shell scripting knowledge
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.