Location-Based Salary Range
NYC Metro Area 128,000 - 192,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
In order to support Indeed’s continued global expansion, Indeed is hiring a US & CA Payroll Director, this role will be positioned in the US. The Payroll Director will become an integral part of the wider Global Payroll Team which consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The US & CA Payroll Director will report into the Global Payroll Director and will be expected to autonomously lead the US & CA payroll team to guide Indeed through a period of large scale growth. The Director will work closely with the Senior Manager, Global Payroll Operations to ensure opportunities for process improvement are seamlessly integrated and executed as part of the Global Payroll Roadmap. The ideal candidate would have strong leadership, communication and people management skills. The candidate will have worked in a fast moving Tech sector multinational business for a number of years and be able to work at a fast pace and manage multiple competing priorities and be able to make quick well informed decisions.
- Strategically assess the needs of the US & CA payroll team and develop an overarching US & CA Vision
- Apply a strong project management approach in order to define, document and drive the Global Payroll Roadmap in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Payroll Operations
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to drive multi-departmental process improvement e.g. Global Mobility, Audit, GL, HR, Benefits, Tax, HR Tech
- Develop an expanding payroll team whilst driving opportunities for career progression and areas of development in line with business requirements
- Ensure new Equity & Compensation plans are successfully rolled out in the US & CA.
- Ensure that all employees across US & CA are paid on time and accurately and that all taxes are appropriately paid across to local authorities.
- Approve all monthly payrolls and ensure that a robust control environment is maintained for pay cycles.
- Responsible for payroll compliance in accordance with internal / external audit & legislative procedures.
- Critically review & document 3rd party payroll vendor performance / cost analysis. Drive performance improvement & command increased ROI in line with value of services delivered
- Instill a customer service approach to payroll through the development of Employee Payroll Support Guides & Employee Communications through query automation
- Manage escalated issues and provide assistance to employees. Managers and other business units
- Design and implement a set of key metric reporting
- Support Indeed on any due diligence and integration in relation to M&A payroll related activity.
- Be a key contributing member of the Global Payroll management team
Who You Are
- 15 years + working in a payroll environment with a significant proportion of these managing payrolls in a large scale environment
- Prior experience with Workday Payroll is essential
- Very Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or a related major – Preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to collaborate with numerous cross functional teams is vital.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask in a dynamic multinational environment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability in managing and maintaining professional relationships both internally and externally.
Who We Are
Our Finance team ensures that Indeed follows the highest standards of business, law and ethics to help us succeed around the world. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients while helping our management team make decisions using the most relevant and accurate information available.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in New York City
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.