IAM Engineer (SSO)
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 106,000 - 154,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Indeed is seeking an Application Operations Engineer who will be responsible for managing and maintaining our Identity Management software (OneLogin). In this role you will work with cross functional teams to find innovative ways to improve efficiencies that will drive the operational health and security of our platforms keeping them redundant, scalable, and secure. You will need to have a diverse set of knowledge and experience to be able to partner with other IT leaders to help evolve the team with the company’s growth. You should be comfortable seeing a project through from start to end; including identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, being able to describe to others why you chose the approach you did, and then implementing the solution.
- Managing and maintaining our Identity Management, Federation, and Synchronization solutions (OneLogin Administration is highly preferred)
- Working with client stakeholders to gather information needed for business application integration with Indeed’s Identity Provider (OneLogin)
- Implementing and aligning with SSO (Single-Sign On) and strong authentication for both internal, cloud and mobile applications with the focus on modernizing authentication, building customer experience, and preventing data breach
- Staging and testing of new SSO integrations, legacy integration enhancements and integration reconfigurations
- Identifying and deploying internal process, automation improvements and new feature enhancements
- Working as an escalation point for the global IT Solutions support team
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of an OneLogin strategy with a roadmap of key deliverables and timelines
- Working with the broader IT security, Identity and Access Management, risk and compliance organization to interpret policies and standards, regulatory requirements and ensure standards are properly configured
- Creating and maintaining detailed and accurate documentation, knowledge base articles
Who You Are
Characteristics that set you apart, you:
- Value world class customer service, enable positive customer experiences, and understand the importance of end user satisfaction
- Are driven to utilize data to inform your decision making to continually improve service delivery processes and efficiencies
- Are great at balancing a dynamic workload, you successfully use independent judgement to manage competing priorities, deliver results, and meet key objectives
- Analyze, organize, document, problem-solve, all with a keen attention to detail
- Have a passion for solving problems and getting things done, you strive for results and deliver
- Can independently research technical problems and devise innovative solutions
- Are excellent at troubleshooting, problem solving, and working through increasingly complex issues
- Are willing to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on business needs
What we need from you:
- 3+ years in engineering/designing/architecting cloud-based identity management (IDP) systems
- Deep expertise and accomplishments in administering, scaling and troubleshooting cloud based identity providers (IdP), preferably OneLogin
- Deep expertise and accomplishments in standards-based authentication, authorization and provisioning technologies, including SAML, OpenID/OAuth2, and SCIM
- Experience in Python and/or shell scripting
- Strong working knowledge of REST API
- Expertise with Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform experience is a plus)
- Ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational escalations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Empathetic and humble with a customer-focused demeanor
- Comfortable working in hyper-growth environments
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or an equivalent technical field
Who We Are
We are builders, we are integrators. We create and optimize solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.