International Taxonomy Analyst - Canada (French Speaker)
Location-Based Salary Range
Montreal 59,000 - 73,000 CAD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
- Collaborate with Job Seeker team members to develop and test controlled vocabularies with the aim of improving Indeed search results
- Conduct a range of analyses (competitive/comparative, Google Analytics, internal data sources, user research) to inform taxonomy development process
- Evaluate categorized content to identify gaps in coverage, misclassified content, redundant and/or ineffective categorization rules
- Perform complex boolean queries to efficiently identify similar content and apply auto-categorization rules according to Indeed’s taxonomy structure and category definitions
- Create and maintain mappings and crosswalks to fulfill business needs and facilitate data reuse Suggest ways to improve and scale our products and internal tools
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Substantial experience working and/or living in Canada
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in technical environments and happy to learn new systems as needed
- Strong background in research and analysis, including the ability to evaluate source authority
- Ability to context switch between systems-level thinking and attention to minute details
- Honed time management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
- Familiarity with information recall concepts Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or maintaining controlled vocabularies (thesauri, taxonomies, ontologies) in a business environment
- Strong data retrieval and boolean search skills Experience analyzing large datasets
- Knowledge of SQL or SPARQL
Who We Are
We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are optimally ranked for our job seekers and tirelessly patrol Indeed for fake jobs and scams. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate tests.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Montreal
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.