Lead, Global Product Commercialization
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 95,000 - 143,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
As a Lead Strategist in the Global Product Commercialization (GPC) team at Indeed, you will drive key business decisions, deliver on strategic initiatives and identify value-creation opportunities for Indeed Hiring Platform. You will work closely with Product Managers, Marketing, Partnerships, Sales, Client Success and senior leaders to identify and solve complex and/or ambiguous problems. You will design strategies to grow our products around the globe. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. You will not be compensated based on whether you deliver product features, but whether you have delivered significant business impact.
You will be responsible for assessing and deciding on strategies to launch new products, partnerships and features into the market. This will include owning product feature prioritization for your product, making decisions that will optimize towards growing revenue and improving customer experience. You will create hypotheses for extending the platform's capabilities, deliver changes to validate these hypotheses, and iterate from MVP to more extensible versions. You will define requirements, measure key results, track experiments, and frequently rollout new features. You will do data analysis using the plethora of in-house tools specially built for the colossal amount of data Indeed gathers.
You understand how product teams work, are comfortable with a fast pace and managing many concurrent efforts. You have experience working with a large cross-functional team. Most of all, you love solving hard technical, product, and people challenges to make a difference in the lives of other people, whether they be job seekers, employers, or your fellow Indeedians.
As a senior individual contributor in GPC, you are expected to become a trusted advisor to peers and colleagues who help more junior colleagues achieve their professional aspirations. You must be able to drive forward workstreams independently and initiatives with minimal guidance. You are able to communicate effectively up to the VP level; understanding when, and to whom communications are required. This requires practicing clear, succinct top-down communication that provides clear direction on decisions required so issues are framed appropriately to the audience’s point of view.
Our team is located around the Globe and fully remote. Upon offices reopening post-COVID, all roles on this team will have the flexibility to either return to the office or remain remote. We have daily (virtual) standups, weekly prioritization and OKR reviews, and stay closely in touch.
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated and nice people. You will be proud of the company's mission and your product's impact.
- Independently assess and decide on strategies to launch new products, partnerships and features into the market. Work hand-in-hand with Product Management, Marketing, and Product to define the roadmap and develop go-to-market strategies that drive long term product adoption and revenue growth. Identify opportunities to develop and capture cross-product efficiencies.
- Own product feature prioritization for your product, making decisions that will optimize towards growing revenue and improving customer experience.
- Identify and prioritize unmet customer or internal needs, and develop solutions to meet these - whether within existing products or through new offerings.
- Lead commercial / sales testing that for novel product offerings we can take to market.
- Develop and write business requirements for these prioritized product features with technical, customer and Sales/CS facing requirements - validate after build before releasing.
- Lead and own all our Indeed Hiring Platform Sales, CS and global commercialization processes. Adapt approach as appropriate to take into account customer size and market nuances. Proactively identify and resolve any operational issues before they arise.
- Independently structure and execute analysis yourself, whether it’s doing queries in SQL/IQL, building an excel model / Python script or using the plethora of in-house tools for analyzing data. Select appropriate methodologies, best practices or models.
- Leverage data to inform product commercialization decisions (e.g. market launches, pricing, product features). Proactively identifies analytical opportunities with minimal input from senior stakeholders (managers, directors and senior directors).
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit leadership. Influence key stakeholders to define and adopt appropriate metrics, goals and processes to achieve business objectives. Partner with leadership (Sr. Director+) across Product, Engineering, Sales, Client Success teams to align on key decisions.
Who You Are
- Minimum 7 years experience in Product, Strategy, Management Consulting, Business Operations or other related experience
- Experience making complex data-driven business decisions.
- Experience extracting requirements from customers and stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with large cross-functional teams, including legal and security.
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Outstanding data analysis skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Passionate about defining and evaluating new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience - e.g., Software as a Service, AdTech, MarTech or HR Tech
- 4+ years of experience using Python or SQL to query, structure, and analyze data
- Highly proficient user of spreadsheet and data analysis software (e.g., Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Tableau)
- Experience with scaling international products
- HR Tech industry experience is a plus
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.