Manager, UX Research
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 141,000 - 181,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Every day throughout the world someone is looking for an opportunity. Searching for what’s next for your work life can be a tough, emotional process. Indeed is a purpose-driven company dedicated to doing what’s best for job seekers.
Designing the Future of Work.
We are an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, writers, researchers and design technologists. Working with Product Management & Engineering, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to work in the trenches and ship. This is the most exciting time to be a part of design at Indeed.
As the UX Research Manager, you will lead a team of qualitative and mixed methods researchers and research coordinators who work with cross-functional product teams as they plan, design, build, deploy, and refine Indeed products. You will collaborate with leadership to define the vision for the UX Research team and be responsible for balancing near-term delivery goals along with informing long-term strategy.
- Manage, mentor and develop the abilities of 8 to 10 UX Researchers who support cross-functional product teams.
- Manage, mentor and develop the abilities of 2 to 3 Research Coordinators who support the Research team with recruiting, tool management, and project management.
- Guide researchers on the design and execution of qualitative and mixed methods studies and identify opportunities for marrying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to tell a deeper story.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand business opportunities and to identify and prioritize projects for the UX research team.
- Collaborate with peer Research Managers from other parts of the business to identify connection points and build out a holistic understanding of different user types and their needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with leadership to define UX research strategy and oversee the execution of generative and evaluative research that supports the design and development of employer products.
- Find creative and compelling ways to share and evangelize research and customer insights across the company.
- Set goals, measure success of research projects, and implement ways to continually improve.
- Forecast resource needs and grow the team to provide necessary capabilities and expertise.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of hands-on experience as a UX researcher in a product development context.
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing a UX Research team
- Experience leading experiences for internal tools or enterprise web-based products
- Expertise in qualitative research and knowledge of quantitative methodologies; able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods and strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions and produced business impact
- Expert in study design; able to maintain methodological rigor, while staying flexible and adjusting to changing timelines or priorities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Bachelor’s degree required but graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience
Our workplace: People like it here.
At the core of our culture is a commitment to serving our users. We can embrace disagreement because we’re always united in doing what’s best for customers. We can take risks and make mistakes because we’re constantly testing, learning, and improving. Our people bring a wide range of perspectives, experiences, talents, temperaments, and backgrounds to the table, and bring their whole selves to work, and we have a strict no-jerks policy.
Design what matters: Help the world work better.
Indeed is a conversation about jobs, companies, salaries, skills, locations, benefits, culture, your past jobs and your bright future. Being a part of our design community, you’ll be shaping
Who We Are
We are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.