Location-Based Salary Range
Montreal 51,000 - 69,000 CAD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Indeed is seeking a full-time Office Manager for our Employee Experience & Facilities team in our Montreal office. As part of the Employee Experience & Facilities team you will work to fulfill our team’s mission, “We Help Make Your Workplace Awesome.”
In this role you will be the point of contact for employees, office operations, company sponsored events, office programs and perks (such as snacking, catering, and fitness) and office culture. You will also be responsible for managing the office budget, ensuring that the office is a safe working environment, creating strong working relationships with vendors and department leaders, and much more!
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience in employee engagement, office operations, logistics, event planning, and developing an office culture. The Office Manager role is a full-time position that will start remote and will transition to an onsite position supporting in-office operations.
Office Support & Customer Service
- Cultivate and foster a positive and productive culture in the office. Incorporating Indeed’s core value of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging into the office culture, company sponsored events or large office gatherings and celebrations and office offerings.
- Provide top-notch customer service for employees, candidates, visitors and guests by greeting them warmly, answering questions, and assisting with requests.
- Greet new Indeed employees on their first day, set up the training area for new hire orientation, conduct the Employee Experience section of onboarding - informing new hires of office offerings, programs, and office layout.
Office Operations & Offerings
- Manage and maintain a safe office environment. Partner with the facilities team for health and safety audits, repairs and maintenance requests, and office cleaning needs and requests.
- Oversee general office communications and announcements
- Work cross functionally with internal Indeed teams on office expansions, moves, and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that office seating is always up to date. Partner with site leadership to plan and execute team seating changes.
- Assist Regional Operations Manager as needed with special projects.
- Plan and execute company sponsored in-office events, as well as occasional off-site events.
- Maintain the office events calendar.
- Communicate upcoming events to employees in the office.
- Plan and promote GOODdeeds volunteering opportunities for the office.
- Manage, update, and forecast monthly and yearly office budget.
- Oversee all of the office supply ordering and ergonomic supply requests.
- Work closely with catering and snacking vendors on orders and spend.
- Create requisitions and track purchase orders (PO) via WorkDay Financials.
- Approve invoices and purchase orders for the procurement team in a timely manner.
Team Leadership & Vendor Management
- Create and foster good working relationships with office vendors.
- Maintain good working relationships with local stakeholders and work cross functionally with internal teams and external vendors at Indeed.
Who You Are
- Bilingual in English/French Canadian
- 2 to 3 years experience in a corporate or technology role managing office operations and/or logistics
- People Management experience is a must. The ability to manage, coach and lead a team is important in this role.
- Previous event management experience is a must for both large scale and small scale gatherings.
- Exceptional computer skills and must be clearly tech savvy with experience in people operations software such as helpdesk or ticketing systems. Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including approachability, understanding, attentiveness, empathy and positivity.
- Strong problem solving skills, looks for innovative and creative solutions and is solutions orientated.
- Prior experience with managing, creating and forecasting both monthly and annual budgets.
- Ability to work under pressure and must be deadline focused, organized and able to prioritize multiple projects at any one time.
- Has the ability to quickly pivot - adapting to change when needed.
- This is a full-time role that will start remote and will transition to an onsite role to support office operations.
Who We Are
Our Human Resources team champions our culture while working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and empowering experience for all of our Indeed employees and those we hope to hire.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Montreal
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed est profondément attaché à la création d’un environnement de travail où l’inclusion n’est pas seulement valorisée, mais priorisée. Indeed est fier d'être un employeur prônant l’égalité des chances et cherchant à créer un environnement de travail accueillant et diversifié. Tous les candidats ayant les compétences recherchées verront leur candidature examinée, quels que soient leur origine, leur sexe, leur orientation ou leur identité sexuelle, leur âge, leur situation de famille ou leur grossesse, leurs caractéristiques génétiques, leur appartenance ou non-appartenance, vraie ou supposée à une ethnie, une nation ou une race, leurs opinions politiques, leurs activités syndicales ou associatives, leurs convictions religieuses, leur apparence physique, leur patronyme, leur état de santé, leur handicap, ou tout autre facteur indépendant de leur mérite ou faisant l'objet d'une protection légale.
Indeed s'engage à fournir des accommodements raisonnables aux personnes handicapées qualifiées durant le processus d'application. Afin de réclamer un accommodement raisonnable, merci de bien vouloir contacter notre équipe d'attraction de talents au téléphone au +1 888 434 8163, ou par courriel à TAhelp@indeed.com au moins une semaine avant votre entrevue.
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/