Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 98,000 - 142,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Indeed.com is looking for Product Developers who will impact people across the globe using his/her skills to develop software, identify business opportunities, analyze large data sets, solve varied business problems, and architect and build products that will grow Indeed's business around the world. We offer competitive salaries, long term incentives, open paid time off, parental leave, and other great employee benefits.
The ideal candidate is multi-talented across several fields, such as software engineering, analysis, and critical thinking, with a good understanding of overall business context, great communication skills, passion about the internet & its economics, and is driven to help job seekers find jobs. You need to be highly resourceful and intellectually curious, with solid technical skills. You must go beyond just writing code and running the numbers to be able to translate relevant information into actionable insights. You must have a good overall business sense to solve real-world problems. You must strive to be well-rounded and good at many things from technical to business to operations to communication skills.
This role is unique in that it goes beyond traditional software engineering -- you will have hands-on involvement in all aspects of the product development lifecycle - from inception, to requirements definition, to technical architecture, development, deployment, and beyond. You will measure the success of your product and make recommendations. We work closely with various areas of the business, and many of our projects are experimental in nature, in support of our continuous mission of helping people find jobs.
- Develop various software systems to launch new products to help people get jobs, for mining new business insights, and to support new operational processes
- Work across various teams and functions (Engineering, Product, International, Finance, Legal, Sales/CS, and Marketing) to execute initiatives and tasks
- Learn and develop product and project management skills, such as doing qualitative research on competitors, running and interpreting A/B tests, and managing various aspects of a project from start to completion
- Conduct in-depth business analysis and investigation on a project-by-project basis
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree majoring in Computer Science, technical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or a related analytics field
- Minimum 1 year of experience building web applications using modern frameworks and technologies
- Minimum 1 year experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience mentoring and/or leading members of the team
- Ability to work independently using project management skills
- Strong math, analytical, and business knowledge
- Self-motivated and a genuine desire to learn new skills
- Experience with product ownership
- Experience with Python and Java
- Experience with NodeJS, React, and Typescript
- Experience building APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience building and maintaining large scale content websites and web applications
- Passion for coding and working on new products and projects
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.