Search Quality Operations - Sr. Technical Analyst
Location-Based Salary Range
Austin 65,000 - 85,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
As a Senior Technical Analyst you will collaborate with other members of the Jobseeker operations, product and engineering to analyse, automate and build data-driven solutions. You would develop quality measurement systems and improve operational efficiency through scripting and tool development which will ultimately help people get jobs.
As an ideal candidate you are passionate about learning and writing good quality code and building software systems. You are eager to swiftly learn various Indeed’s development platforms and tools and enhance the existing solutions. You have an acumen to understand stakeholders' objectives, the metrics that are important to moderate for quality. You thrive off working in a fast paced environment and are comfortable building, breaking apart, iterating and rebuilding processes, analyses, and tools.
If you have a creative and flexible mindset and are excited to build solutions which drive operations and moderation decisions, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier job website.
- Provide technical guidance to more junior Technical Analysts
- Establish and preach good coding practices and technical documentation to boost productivity of the team
- Perform peer code reviews and practice clean code principles
- Lead projects and proactively propose improvements to the development of automation solutions for internal operational workflows and build tools which will optimize and reduce manual processes
- Maintain and add features to existing internal tool built in python and java
- Be able to self manage projects and perform requirements gathering, scoping and creating quick MVP to test the ideas
- Guide vague customer requests to concrete requirements and implement them
- Effective multitask while retaining a strong attention to detail
- Identify procedural pain points and propose/implement improvements
- Contribute to team goals and metrics
- Have a product mindset. Designing with a bigger common goal in mind, resulting in a clear focus for the development team and sustainable pace of continuous delivery
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, MIS or computer science or related and 1-2 years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in development using Python
- Working knowledge of scalable data storage (RDBMS and NoSQL) principles
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex queries
- Be able to ideate and lead development of existing and new tooling solutions
- Ability to translate business requirements into prototypes and technical documentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on collaboration
- An openness to learning new skills/ technologies and the ability/drive to seek out the best technology for a job vs the quickest or most familiar
- Experience in coaching and mentoring technical staff prefered
Who We Are
We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are optimally ranked for our job seekers and tirelessly patrol Indeed for fake jobs and scams. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate tests.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Austin
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.