Senior Data Science Manager - Internal Platforms Science
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 179,000 - 259,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, long term incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
The role of Data Science at Indeed is to follow the data. We log, analyze, visualize, and model terabytes of job search data. Our Data Scientists build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. Each of us is a mixture of a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer. We have a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products. We seek to understand human behavior via careful experimentation and analysis, to "help people get jobs".
The Internal Platforms Science group multiplies the long-term value of being data-driven across Indeed through strategically applied AI and ML platforms. Our team provides enterprise-scale data science insights and frameworks that lets every team, at Indeed, realize the future of how people get jobs.
You will be responsible for leading the data science function within Internal Platforms. Responsibilities for the role include:
- Working with product management, managers, and senior individual contributors to identify and deliver on high-impact projects while maintaining good organization health, team morale and culture.
- Ensuring there is appropriate data science staffing, technical direction, investment and innovation within Internal platforms
- Working with senior leadership to establish yearly and quarterly business objectives and key results for the data science organization within Internal Platforms.
Who You Are
Who You Are
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams by removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You have high standards and will take pride in Indeed like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led Data Science or engineering teams, and earned the respect of talented practitioners. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technology career development. You love being in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Significant prior success as a Data Scientist Manager (3+ direct reports) working on challenging problems at scale (Industry experience)
- 7+ years of industrial Data Science experience, with expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of Data Science products
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigour at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Strong ability to coach Data Scientists, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
We get excited about candidates who
- Can do small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Can do big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Can deploy Data Science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Who We AreWe are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
Our MissionAs the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers. *comScore Total Visits, March 2019
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.