Senior Manager, Talent & Leadership Development
Location-Based Salary Range
Austin 110,000 - 154,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
As Indeed’s Center of Excellence for leadership development, the Leader Effectiveness team enables Indeed’s leaders to develop the capabilities they need to lead Indeed into the future. Within that, our Talent and Leadership Development team ensures Indeed has the right talent in the right roles and with the right skills to ensure long-term organizational health. This position is responsible for developing, executing and evaluating scalable talent solutions that bring leaders, stakeholders and employees along seamlessly, strengthening our pipeline while we grow the business.
The ideal candidate is a versatile leader and practitioner with deep expertise in talent planning and organization development, leadership development, and global and large-scale program management. You must possess extensive experience implementing solutions that drive impact and change within a complex, matrixed organization, as well as experience managing and supervising a professional team. Other important qualities include: integrity, a commitment to excellence, interpersonal savvy, and a proven ability to bring diverse groups of individuals together to achieve common goals.
This role reports to the Director of Leader Effectiveness and partners closely with HRBPs, DI&B, HR Operations, HR Analytics, Leadership Councils, and the Coaching @ Indeed team.
- Research, assess, recommend, and evaluate talent management and leadership development solutions for achieving optimum employee and organizational performance
- Develop the roadmap for building organizational excellence aligned with Indeed’s values via strategic talent identification and innovative programming throughout the talent lifecycle
- Lead Succession and Talent Planning practices and build out the platforms and technology to support those initiatives
- Conduct org-level needs assessments to determine talent readiness as well as current and future state gaps
- Support the integration and global implementation of key behavioral learning initiatives that close critical skill gaps, diversify our pipeline, and support the philosophy of managers as coaches
- Mobilize and empower your team to provide best-in-class service to stakeholders
- Partner with HR to ensure change management methodology is embedded into key projects, programs and processes
- Provide thought leadership, methodology and tools to positively influence talent and leadership initiatives and organizational transformations
- Identify, develop, and manage toward a set of KPIs to measure efficacy of talent management and leadership development strategies and processes; use data to drive continuous improvement of programs and processes
Who You Are
- 8-10+ years of experience in learning and development and/or organization development
- Minimum of 5+ years specific experience designing and implementing talent planning and leadership development solutions. Must include designing and implementing enterprise-wide talent solutions inclusive of talent identification frameworks, succession planning, and high-potential development.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience directly managing a team. Hybrid team management experience a plus
- A proven track record of continuous process improvement; positive leadership; strong planning, collaboration, teamwork skills; and connecting solutions to business outcomes
- Conducting needs analysis, leading current/future state roadmapping
- Working in a growing, continually changing, and matrixed tech environment
- Organization Development expertise
- Deep understanding of the Talent Planning and Leadership Development disciplines, inclusive of best practices
- Qualitative and Quantitative data techniques to show ROI of interventions
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles including familiarity with instructional design, technology-based learning, adult learning theory, skill development, change management, and process design
- Approaches challenges and problem solving with a global and inclusive mindset
- Effectively managing change and shifting gears comfortably; highly effective in ambiguous environments and able to produce maximum results with little direction and guidance
- Communicating effectively and working collaboratively across mediums and with diverse audiences, with emphasis on senior-level audiences
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, anticipating and making trade-offs, and balancing competing constraints
- Relationship builder who can influence across all levels, functions and cultures
- Client-service oriented with strong critical thinking, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Location: AUS
- Remote/Flex/In-Office: Flex/In-Office
- Travel requirements: 10% domestic and international travel time is expected
- Education level: Master’s degree in I-O Psych, OD, Leadership Development preferred
Who We Are
Our Human Resources team champions our culture while working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and empowering experience for all of our Indeed employees and those we hope to hire.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Austin
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.