Senior Product Strategist
Location-Based Salary Range
Austin 92,000 - 124,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
As a Senior Product Strategist at Indeed, you will be part of our Enterprise Product Strategy & Operations Team, working closely with product managers, marketing, sales, client success and senior leaders to solve complex and/or ambiguous problems, independently analyze data, develop insights and apply these insights to improve our customer experience and business outcomes both for our business in the US and Internationally.
- Independently identify, measure and track core product and business levers: assess opportunities for improvement, identify potential growth opportunities or problems, diagnose the root cause
- Create and deliver accurate, high-quality, thoughtfully designed presentations and analyses to answer operational and strategic questions. Provide forward-looking business insights and propose recommendations
- Collaborate with product, engineering, sales, and marketing among other teams to present findings and recommendations to product teams and business unit leadership. Influence key stakeholders to define and adopt appropriate metrics, goals, and processes to achieve business objectives
- Analyze the market trends and dynamics to understand where competitors are headed and their specific differentiation
- Proactively identifies analytical opportunities with minimal input from senior stakeholders (managers, directors and senior directors).
- Determine the best approach to accomplish project goals, own execution with limited direction and oftentimes run multiple projects simultaneously
- Independently structure and execute analysis yourself, whether it’s doing queries in SQL/IQL, searching through logs, building an excel model or using the plethora of in-house tools for analyzing data
- Select appropriate methodologies, best practices, or models to inform product strategy
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit leadership. Influence key stakeholders to define and adopt appropriate metrics, goals and processes to achieve business objectives
- Execute special projects / ad hoc analyses, as initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly evolving
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, Technical Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- 4+ years of business analysis experience
- Business strategy or go-to-market strategy experience at a software / SaaS company required
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm and presenting to senior leaders preferred
- Experience creating and using strategy frameworks preferred
- Experience in marketplaces, adtech, HRtech, or similar businesses preferred
- Advanced proficiency conducting analysis, proficiency in business modeling preferred and exceptional analysis skills using spreadsheets (Excel or Google Sheets). Ability to combine data from various sources
- SQL, Python, R, Tableau or other advanced analytics experience a plus
Who We Are
We are a Product team driven by data, and focused on building the most popular job site on the planet. With product teams in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Hyderabad, Singapore and Vancouver, we are changing the way people get jobs all around the world.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Austin
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.