Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Job Search Back End
Location-Based Salary Range
Tokyo 11,530,000 - 16,710,000 JPY per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
The Job Search Back End team builds and operates Indeed's flagship job search engine, handling billions of requests per month over the world's freshest job data with high performance and reliability. Our focus is to continuously scale and improve this platform, and to enable the broader family of Indeed engineering teams to integrate their products with ease. As the nexus of job search, we see and guide the "big picture".
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at Indeed are embedded directly within our business-critical engineering teams, working closely with them to design, code, test, run, and evolve the systems that help people around the world get jobs. We work closely with software developers and system engineers to drive adoption of modern reliability practices like SLOs, error budget policies, actionable alerts, follow-the-sun on-call, incident retrospectives, chaos testing, and end-to-end ownership.
You will also discover ample opportunities for growth in several areas: improved technology skills, effective leadership, dedicated mentorship, creative design, strong communication skills, teamwork, and more. Simply put, as an SRE, you will help Indeed build and operate fast and reliable systems that help people get jobs. Are you up for the challenge?
- Design, develop, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase product reliability and organizational efficiency.
- Guide reliability practices through the entire software development lifecycle through activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and chaos testing.
- Maintain service health through monitoring and follow-the-sun incident response.
- Improve service reliability through blameless post-incident reviews and using code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of industry experience and BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more.
- Experience with running production workloads in public cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet scale Linux environment
- Experience with configuration management tools (IaC) such as Puppet or Terraform
- Experience writing code in Java or a similar language.
- Strong communication skills, ownership, and drive
Who We AreWe are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Tokyo
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +81 3 4563 2563, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/