Senior Software Engineer - Relevant Jobs Platform
Location-Based Salary Range
Austin 109,000 - 159,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
The Relevant Jobs Platform (RJP) team at Indeed helps people get jobs by providing relevant jobs on non-search based surfaces. Indeed helps millions of jobseekers and employers worldwide connect each month, and the RJP team works across Indeed to ensure job seekers and employers are connected to relevant and qualified jobs.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Relevant Jobs Platform (RJP) team, you will have ownership of a critical part of Indeed’s marketplace by ensuring high quality and relevant jobseeker contacts across our platform. You will design and implement efficient algorithms and microservices for ensuring relevance of matches, ranking results, filtering spam, and personalizing results. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining pipelines that create search indexes out of data from large databases.
Indeed’s job search engine serves billions of search queries every month connecting tens of millions of jobseekers to relevant job opportunities. As part of a collaborative team from engineering, data science, and product management, you will work on building innovative technical solutions to drive business outcomes.
Data drives your decision making, and you influence others to do the same. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
The RJP team is a primarily backend team. We use various technologies for different components including Java, Spring boot, Docker, GraphQL, MongoDB, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, React, etc.
Who You Are
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of page views a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of job seekers worldwide.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field with 5+ years experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl;
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field 3+ years experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or Perl.
- Minimum 1 year of experience mentoring more junior Engineers
- Significant experience with large scale, high-performance systems
- Preferred skills:
- Experience with Java, Spring boot, GraphQL, Docker
- Experience building high performance, sclable, high throughput applications with service-oriented architecture
- Experience building Big Data Applications using Spark/Scala, Apache Hive
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EMR, AWS Glue, Cloud Formation, etc.
Who We AreWe are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)