Senior Technical Project Manager - Indeed Hiring Platform
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 89,000 - 111,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Indeed Technical Project Managers effectively deliver business results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent project management practices. You will work across departments and offices to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of complex projects. Ultimately we are responsible for helping teams achieve their goals, work strategically together, and remain as adaptable as possible in a fun, ever-changing environment. We’re always looking for ways to optimize.
As a Technical Project Manager, you'll work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to manage projects, monitor operations, and improve transparency. You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. In this role you will be laser focused on enabling our cross-Enterprise technology transformation initiatives. Particularly in 2021 we are focused on adopting an API first mindset & migration to a new design system. You will play a pivotal role in the execution of adopting these practices which will set our organization up for long term success.
Specifically, you will:
- Plan and manage multiple complex technical projects.
- Drive project related change management, as needed, for your project stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to define project goals and charter.
- Apply project management tools/techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency within the domain by answering technical product or project questions.
- Proactively identify problems on projects or plans. Seek input from appropriate stakeholders.
- Question proposed solutions until you understand the actual problem that needs to be solved. Develop creative and practical solutions based on evaluation of multiple factors.
- Deliver value by leading project teams and by driving effective collaboration with team members, stakeholders, and other Project Managers.
- Anticipate the needs, risks, and challenges of your projects.
- Ability to break down information in a systematic and communicable manner.
- Recommend improvements to established business processes while continuing to deliver high value in execution.
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities for growth by collaborating with mentors.
- Assist in recruitment and provide input to hiring decisions.
Who You Are
- You are highly adaptable in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity.
- You have 5+ years experience working as a software project manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects in a technology company and preferably, a degree in engineering.
- You have worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You can identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You are respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- You have a bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You have experience defining and reporting on operational metrics and generating problem statements that are supported by data you have compiled.
- You love decomposing and defining workflows and processes.
- You are naturally compelled to utilize Lean principles of continuous improvement.
- You develop innovative solutions and collaborate with global counterparts and cross-functional teams to implement them.
- Your project management experience includes building operational programs that are scalable, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- You know how to manage complex cross-functional projects. You strive to meet aggressive goals and know when to reset expectations.
- You have a system to manage change. You influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
- You have significant agile/lean experience in organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in-depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.