Staff Software Engineer - I2A Delivery team
Location-Based Salary Range
Austin 138,000 - 174,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
At Indeed, our Senior Software Engineers take ownership of their work and drive impact. We take pride in what we do - delivering challenging technical solutions at scale - to better serve our mission of helping people find jobs.
The Invite to Apply team (I2A) has built the fastest growing source of job-job seeker positive matching at Indeed in 2020. The 2021 goal for the I2A Platform subteam is to bring this value to 2 million more jobs by massively scaling up and building I2A microservices for other teams to leverage. The I2A team solves the stable matching problem at scale with billions of job-job seeker matches every day with an asynchronous distributed system. We need product-minded engineers to solve big challenges!
- Understand the product deeply and build high-impact features for our customers.
- Deliver large and complex projects iteratively.
- Strive for engineering excellence and discipline.
- Proactively monitor and understand the production system.
- Design pragmatic solutions and use data to make informed decisions.
- Are collaborative and a phenomenal communicator when working with cross-functional teams.
- Proactively mentor those around you.
- Want to be an integral part of an organization that values innovation, diversity and impact (we also know how to have a good time too! #insideindeed).
Who You Are
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, APIs, and A/B testing
- Experience with CI/CD and iterative development
- Experience with full-stack application development
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Mongo DB
- Experience with Rabbit MQ
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Austin
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.