Staff Software Engineer - Mobile
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 132,000 - 192,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
About the role:
Indeed is looking for talented and engaged engineers to join a team building out a world-class Staffing industry software stack for Indeed. An ideal candidate would have experience building new applications and an excitement to learn quickly, while contributing to product direction. This represents an opportunity to join a fast-growing team in a new space for Indeed. Members of this team will play a critical role in building new products and applications, to deliver an exciting new growth opportunity for Indeed.
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you will build software that guides employers to post high-quality jobs which achieve good performance in Indeed’s search results.
- You will build UIs and APIs to offer helpful guidance to employers and highlight problems with jobs that could prevent them from being filled.
- You will join a collaborative team of extremely talented Engineers, UX designers, and Product Managers. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or other technical related degrees
- 8+ years experience growing applications as an organization scales, with the following technologies:
- Python (Django or Flask experience)
A data-driven approach to software development, with a focus on establishing metrics and analytics for all new features.
A passion for high-quality code through establishing best practices, automated testing, and thorough code reviews.
Experience with API-led architecture and building large-scale platforms.
Complete ownership of their work, from design, to implementation, to deployment, and, finally, monitoring and assessment through self-established metrics and analysis.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers and other engineers
- Ability to drive the technical direction of the product and mentor other team members
- 1+ years Mobile development (Swift or Kotlin)
- Experience integrating with third-party, distributed services (e.g. Twilio, Mailgun)
- Experience with efficient data design and optimization in at least one of: SQL, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch
- Experience analyzing applications and their performance with tools such as DataDog, OpenTracing/OpenTelemetry, Kibana, etc.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails development is a plus
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Austin
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.