Location-Based Salary Range
NYC Metro Area 100,000 - 134,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
Indeed.com is seeking a highly motivated Compliance Tax Manager to join our growing U.S. Tax team. You will primarily assist with all US direct tax compliance matters for Indeed’s domestic entities. You are a self-starter who is highly organized, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fun, but results-oriented work environment. This role can be based out of our Stamford, CT office and will report directly to the US Sr Tax Manager.
- Manage all the federal tax compliance.
- Manage all the state tax compliance and the preparation of supporting apportionment work-papers.
- Gather information and prepare state filings required for income tax purposes and miscellaneous tax compliance.
- Manage state and local income tax audits including preparation of responses, and communications with taxing authorities.
- Manage the state income tax planning process to drive strategies for cash tax savings and effective tax rate reduction.
- Research and respond to state tax questions both internal and external.
- Coordinate and manage the federal and state income tax calendars, estimated tax payments, and monthly reporting of cash taxes.
- Assist other corporate personnel with tax related matters.
- Work with the tax, IT, finance and accounting teams on improvements in the tax compliance process.
- Assist with ASC 740 calculations and quarterly tax forecasting including effective tax rate calculations, accounting entries and deferred tax analyses.
- Analyze significant book transactions and determine applicable tax treatment in accordance with the relevant tax authority.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Tax; CPA or MBT preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in a public accounting firm or large multinational tax department
- Strong computer skills, e.g., Excel, and a working knowledge of G/L systems
- Understanding of Accounting Principles
- Good research and writing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and some basic Tableau knowledge
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
Who We Are
Our Finance team ensures that Indeed follows the highest standards of business, law and ethics to help us succeed around the world. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients while helping our management team make decisions using the most relevant and accurate information available.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers. (*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Work in Stamford
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.