UX Design Manager, Enterprise
Location-Based Salary Range
US Remote 136,000 - 196,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
We are looking to a hire a UX Design Manager.
When design decisions force us to prioritize, we address the needs of job seekers first. The result is an experience that’s better for everyone. This guiding principle has served us well for over a decade and helped make Indeed the #1 job site in the world.
Designing the Future of Work.
The Indeed UX Team is an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, writers, researchers and design technologists. Working with Product Management & Engineering, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to work in the trenches and ship. This is the most exciting time to be a part of design at Indeed.
As the UX design manager, you will lead a team of designers focused on improving and evolving the Hiring Platform solution for enterprise employers. You and your team will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to make it simple and intuitive for employer teams to setup and conduct interviews with job seekers on Indeed for the jobs they’re hiring for.
Your strategic impact within your first year.
- Grow and develop a UX team
- Lead a team of 5 designers, and identify and hire new staff when expanded coverage is needed.
- Mentor and inspire designers and cross-functional UX team members to create world-class interviewing experiences for enterprise businesses.
- Establish UX processes that support product excellence while moving and shipping quickly.
- Communicate the business value of UX to stakeholders.
- Refine the vision for the Hiring Platform experience
- Guide your team to ship improvements that enhance interviewing experiences for enterprise businesses.
- Alongside research, keep the voice of the customer at the forefront with a regular cadence of qualitative studies.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of disciplines, including product management, engineering, design technology, UX research, content strategy, marketing, and product/data science.
- Collaborate with neighboring product teams to identify and build on touch points that support users across partnerships and integration experiences.
- Evolve Indeed’s interviewing services to better meet customer needs
- Lead your design team in partnership to conduct quantitative and qualitative methods in partnership with research to uncover user patterns, behaviors, and insights. Translate these findings iinto recommendations for improving the interview-related experiences for enterprise employers.
- Guide designers as they create and validate solutions to real customer problems.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional product leadership team members to help inform future roadmaps and turn vision into reality.
Who You Are
You have these experiences and skills:
- 4+ years of work experience in shipping digital product experiences (case studies of your team's work desired)
- 2+ years of managing UX teams (remote experience preferred)
- Experience with mentoring an dgrowing a high perfromance team with diverse skillsets.
- Competence in building collaborative relationships and aligning leadership stakeholders.
- Experience with design thinking frameworks, as well as both generative and evaluative UX research.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate flawlessly with partner disciplines including Research, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Client Support, and Sales.
Our workplace: People like it here.
At the core of our culture is a commitment to serving our users. We can embrace disagreement because we’re always united in doing what’s best for customers. We can take risks and make mistakes because we’re constantly testing, learning, and improving. Our people bring a wide range of perspectives, experiences, talents, temperaments, and backgrounds to the table, and bring their whole selves to work, and we have a strict no-jerks policy.
Design what matters: Help the world work better.
Indeed is a conversation about jobs, companies, salaries, skills, locations, benefits, culture, your past jobs and your bright future. Being a part of our design community, you’ll be shaping the conversation we have with millions of people and building something that shows up in a meaningful way in the lives of job seekers and employers.
Some of our perks.
- Life and work balance — We trust our employees to manage their time in a way that works best for them. We're proud to offer an open vacation policy to full-time Indeedians across the globe.
- Remote work and Relaxed offices — Our work environments feature collaborative team spaces, private areas to focus, and a casual dress code. We support 100% remote work and provide additional resources to ensure a good working environment. In the foreseeable future, we will support return to office and hybrid options.
- Healthy in body and mind — Going beyond the usual medical, dental, and vision coverage, Indeed offers incentive programs, wellness days, and fitness classes to keep you moving forward.
Who We Are
We are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our teams work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.