UX Design Manager, SEG, International
Location-Based Salary Range
India 4,500,000 - 6,760,000 INR per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Indeed has a robust package of perks, programs and benefits that show how much we value our people, whether they’re inside Indeed or out.
As a UX Design Manager in the team, you will work with a new, small but diverse team of UX designers, researchers. The team will focus on creating simple and innovative solutions that address job seeker and employer needs in our international markets. You will be part of the International team that focuses on solving problems for job seekers and employers in high priority markets like India, Europe and Japan. As part of the strategic team in Hyderabad focused on India & emerging markets, you will be addressing challenges unique to these diverse markets while having a lot of fun!
So what would you be doing?
We are constantly experimenting with new product ideas and creating mini-startups within Indeed. Some of these startups succeed and many fail. You will be a core part of the team, bringing ideas to life through product designs and interactions.
While working in a fast-paced, data-driven, and collaborative environment, you will design solutions that solve for specific user needs that lead to improvements in our current product offerings. You then get to apply the learnings to similar markets around the world. If you are passionate about innovation, experimentation, and fast-paced development, all in order to help job seekers worldwide find their dream job, then you will fit right in.
Some of the things that your team will count on you
- Formalize the new UX team - support hiring, define UX processes, collaboration models with relevant UX teams etc.
- Lead and mentor the new UX team
- Collaborate closely with counterparts in Product Management and Engineering on ideas that will help reach business goals whilst meeting international user needs and expectations
- Triage work requests to the UX team and manage team resources to maximize impact. Be hands-on when needed to balance team workload with priorities.
- Lead design reviews with the team to ensure high UX design quality deliverables from team members.
- Coordinate team’s short and long term plans with other International UX leaders to facilitate UX research and design engineering activities
- Be an advocate for international users within Indeed
- Work across multiple time zones when required
Who You Are
8 years of product user experience with an accompanying portfolio - we are interested in the design solutions, not just design artifacts.
- Experience in designing for new-to-internet users and/or vernacular users is a big plus! Experience collaborating with user research, PM and engineering.
- Experience working on UX for international products.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Experience with design thinking frameworks, as well as translating UX research insights into design experiences that address user pains and delights users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - bonus for additional language skills.
- Ability to collaborate flawlessly with partner teams in Product, Engineering and other UX teams etc.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with consumer web-based products.
- Experience with mobile-first experiences and design systems, with a demonstrated ability to think through end-to-end solutions with a strong user-centered approach.
- Experience in mentoring other designers.
- Language proficiency required in English and Hindi. Additional Indian languages are a plus!
Who We Are
We are a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our teams work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Work in Hyderabad
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +91 0080091 90627, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits - https://benefits.indeed.jobs/